Welcome to Creative Writing Exercises, our series of writing prompts designed to flex your creative muscles.
We’re thrilled that so many of you are participating in our writing prompt series.
How the writing prompts work:
- We set the scene
- You make it your own, and
- Share your creation in the comments section of this post
Of course, it’s perfectly fine if you don’t want to share your work, but we hope you’ll do the exercise anyway.
The ground rules:
- Your story must begin with the exact wording we provide.
- Your story must be 350 words or less.
- Your work must be original and not previously published.
- WTD provides an encouraging and safe environment for writers to grow and learn from each other. We’d love you to comment on other people’s submissions in a friendly and supportive manner.
- We reserve the right to delete any comments or entries we deem inappropriate and those that do not meet the specifications above.
Can You Create a Plot Twist? encourages you to write a story with a surprise ending. Take your piece where you will, but don’t forget the twist in the tale!
Scene Stealer #25
Lightning flashed just as he reached the house. Had he been discovered?
Now steal this and make it your own.
We can’t wait to read what you come up with, so please add your submission to the comments section of this post.
About the Author: