Welcome! We’re looking forward to reading your story as part of our WritetoDone Flash Fiction Contest.
You’ll see how much fun it is to write a Flash Fiction story and maybe even see it published and read by our over 200,000 monthly readers!
The prizewinner will receive $500 and be published on WritetoDone. The stories written by the first and second runners-up will also be published.
The next WritetoDone Flash Fiction Contest closes on January 15th, 2015.
Make sure you write something for it – and tell your friends about it too! 🙂
Submission fee is $10 per entry. Please click on the payment button below. After completing payment, you’ll be taken to a page where you can find the submission email address. Please send attach your story to the given email.
Rules for the WTD Flash Fiction Contests
To qualify as a valid entry, your story must fulfil the criteria given below:
- Your story should be 500 words or less. Every word will be counted (hyphenated words count as one word), and the upper limit is 500. Your story should have a title; it is included in your word count.
- The story must be a story – non-fiction, poetry and scripts will not be considered for the Prize.
- A story cannot be edited or withdrawn, once it has been submitted.
- A submission is only valid with payment fee of $10. (Click button below.)
- Each story should be attached as a word document (.doc or .docx), with the filename containing your full name, and the story title. (Once you have registered with your entry fee, you’ll be given a dedicated email address to submit your entry.)
- By entering, you agree to the conditions of this contest and attest that this is your original, previously unpublished work.
- The author retains the copyright. By entering the contest, the author gives permission for the piece to be published on WTD.
1. One Prize will be declared.
2. The Prize will be $500, and the stories submitted by the winner and two runners-up will be published along with the results on Friday, 17th October.
3. The results will be chosen by the Write to Done team and award-winning author, contest judge, and popular WTD guest post contributor, Dr. John Yeoman.
4. The decision of the judges will be final and binding.
5. The Prize will be paid via PayPal. If, for any reason, the winner is unable to collect the Prize Amount, the Prize will be given to the First Runner-Up.