These days, if you want to make it as a writer, you need to do more than just write well.
It used to be enough, but …
Before we all went digital, every writer’s dream was to be discovered by a publishing house. The publisher would then take care of editing, production, publicity, public relations, distribution – in fact, nearly everything, apart from the act of writing.
Now, aspiring writers are free to publicize their stuff on blogs, in digital magazines, or in eBooks. They can control when and how their material is published, how much it’s sold for, and how it’s publicized.
With this freedom comes a challenge. We need to take up some of the tasks that used to be the domain of publishers.
The most important task is to connect with readers.
How to do it?
We can learn from how publishers connect writers with readers. Publishers get the writer’s face out there any way they can: they arrange interviews with magazines and TV programs, create news items, and organize book signings and speaking engagements.
You need to put YOUR face out there.
Yes, this can feel scary. But it doesn’t have to be. Learning to create videos can be a lot of fun!
Watch the video below… (if you’re reading this by email, click here to watch the video)
If you want to learn how to create videos in a fun and easy way, choose the self-study course Blog Video Mastery.
- Create great videos (without you appearing in them)
- Learn how to relax in front of a camera.
- Get confident at creating a ‘talking head’ video.
- Learn how to shoot, edit, and upload a headshot video (both Mac and Windows users).
- Get all the tricks and tips on how to light your video so that you look like a star.
- Learn how to create a PowerPoint or Keynote slide show
- Turn your slide shows into stunning screencast videos
- Learn the secrets of how to trigger emotion by adding voiceover and music.
- Know how to publish your videos to YouTube, Vimeo, and other sites, and embed them on your blog.
- Have fun creating videos!
Blog Video Mastery is a self-study course and you can start at any time Click here to to find out more.
About the author:
Mary Jaksch is Editor-in-Chief at Write to Done. Grab her FREE report How to Write Like an A-List Blogger. Mary has helped thousands of students successfully create outstanding and profitable blogs at A-List Blogging and is the blogger behind Goodlife ZEN.