Would You Like to Try ‘Funny Writing’?
Welcome to Scene Stealers, our series of writing prompts designed to flex your creative muscles.
We’re thrilled that so many of you are participating in our writing prompt series. (Read the other Scene Stealers here and add one of your own.)
In case you’re not familiar with Scene Stealers, here’s how it works:
- We set the scene
- You steal it, make it your own, and
- Share your creation in the comments section of this post
Of course, it’s perfectly fine if you don’t want to share your work, but we hope you’ll do the exercise anyway.
Now for the ground rules:
- You must use the exact wording we provide—in this case, it must appear in the beginning of your story.
- Your story must be 350 words or less.
- Your work must be original and not previously published.
- WTD provides an encouraging and safe environment for writers to grow and learn from each other. We’d love you to comment on other people’s submissions in a friendly and supportive manner.
- We reserve the right to delete any comments or entries we deem inappropriate and those that do not meet the specifications above.
This week’s instalment is designed to develop your ‘funny writing’ muscle.
Scene Stealer #14
Usually, I’m not funny, but the other day
Now steal this and make it your own.
We can’t wait to read what you come up with, so please add your submission to the comments section of this post.
By Vinita Zutshi, Guest Post Editor at Write to Done. Vinita also blogs at Carefree Parenting.
Image: Woman laughing courtesy of Bigstockphoto.com