Welcome to Scene Stealers, our series of writing prompts designed to flex your creative muscles.
We’re thrilled that so many of you are participating in our writing prompt series. (Read the other Scene Stealers here and add one of your own.)
How Scene Stealers writing prompts work:
- We set the scene
- You steal it, make it your own, and
- Share your creation in the comments section of this post
Of course, it’s perfectly fine if you don’t want to share your work, but we hope you’ll do the exercise anyway.
The ground rules:
- Your story must begin with the exact wording we provide.
- Your story must be 350 words or less.
- Your work must be original and not previously published.
- WTD provides an encouraging and safe environment for writers to grow and learn from each other. We’d love you to comment on other people’s submissions in a friendly and supportive manner.
- We reserve the right to delete any comments or entries we deem inappropriate and those that do not meet the specifications above.
This month’s instalment Create a Splash! encourages you to make waves by writing a water-based story. Sun, sand and surf not your thing? You can make this a mystery! Pick any genre you like, so long as your setting is water.
Scene Stealer #24
She settled herself in the shallow water and looked at him, waiting to be amazed.
Now steal this and make it your own.
We can’t wait to read what you come up with, so please add your submission to the comments section of this post.
Have you checked out our other writing prompts yet?
By Vinita Zutshi, Associate Editor at Write to Done. Vinita also blogs at Carefree Parenting.
Image: Summer fun courtesy of Bigstockphoto
Improve Your Writing Overnight!
Do you want to become a better writer? This FREE ebook will show you how.
- Discover the secret of finding inspiration everywhere you look.
- Learn 10 simple ways to double your writing speed.
- Master three skills that will make you a better writer overnight.
- Get FREE WritetoDone updates.