Hey you, welcome!
Do you like writing?
Maybe you do, but I bet there are also times when you feel frustrated because you want to write better.
Am I right?
I’m Mary Jaksch, the Chief Editor of Write to Done. The key thing I’ve discovered is that everyone can learn to write well. It’s not a questions of genetics, it’s all about practice.
We’ve all heard that ‘practice makes better.’ But that’s not necessarily true.
Let me give you an example. If you want to become a top tennis player and you practice sending the ball into the net hour after hour and day after day – this kind of practice is not going to get you a win in the next tournament. Because. Well, because you’ll be sending the balls into the net each time you serve, instead of landing them in the court of your opponent.
The point is that your writing practice needs to be directed in a positive way. That’s why we’ve created WTD so that you can learn new skills, practice them, and become a better writer.
Write to Done is about learning to write better.
Whether you write non-fiction, novels, blog posts, or sales pages – you will find inspiration and tips here at Write to Done.
Here’s the experience I bring to WTD:
- My book Learn to Love has been translated into 7 languages
- My Ebook Start Over: Create the Life YOU Want has been downloaded over 55,000 times. You can download the first (30 page) chapter for free here.
- I’m a trained researcher (MA in Religious Studies);
- My blog Goodlife Zen has become a popular destination for people interested in the area where personal growth meets spirituality.
- I train bloggers to be successful over at A-List Blogging.
OK, so there’s more to me than meets the eye. As well as being a writer, I’m a Zen master and psychotherapist. I hold a 4th Dan Black Belt in Karate, love mountain biking and enjoy dancing Argentine tango in skimpy dresses. Weird, eh?
Questions? Please contact me here.
Oh, and do please join the WTD conversations and add comments!
Write to Done was originally the brainchild of Leo Babauta of Zen Habits who founded it in January 2008.