Who are the finalists?
Three weeks ago we asked you to nominate your favorite blog for writers. We got over 2,100 comments and nominations! Thanks to everyone who put in a nomination.
Here are the 20 finalists in alphabetical order
Ghost Writer Dad
Jeff Goins Writer
Men with Pens
The Other Side
Pen & Prosper
Writer’s Inner Journey
How were the finalists selected?
- Initial qualification: A site must have been nominated more than once by multiple individuals. If someone nominated more than one blog, only the first nomination was counted. Valid nominations needed to include the URL and give a reason why the nominated blog should be considered.
- Contest criteria: In order to be considered, a blog needed to be a writing blog. In order to qualify, at least 5 out of the 10 posts written prior 22 November 2011 (when the call for nominations went out) needed to be about writing and not not about freelancing, business, publishing, etc.
- Blog-based analysis: Factors taken into account included: Frequency of posts: the blogging frequency accounted for 15% of the total score; Reader involvement: comment numbers per posts accounted for 15% of the total score. The number of nominations accounted for 15% of the total score. These three blog-based factors make up 45% of the final score.
- Quality of posts: Educational, useful, engaging, and discussion-creating posts were rated higher than self-promotional posts. The quality of posts accounts for 55% of the final score.
Chief Editor WTD
Improve Your Writing Overnight!
Do you want to become a better writer? This FREE ebook will show you how.
- Discover the secret of finding inspiration everywhere you look.
- Learn 10 simple ways to double your writing speed.
- Master three skills that will make you a better writer overnight.
- Get FREE WritetoDone updates.