Welcome to Scene Stealers, our series of writing prompts designed to flex your creative muscles.
We’re thrilled that so many of you are participating in our writing prompt series. (Read the other Scene Stealers here and add one of your own.)
In case you’re not familiar with Scene Stealers, here’s how it works:
- We set the scene
- You steal it, make it your own, and
- Share your creation in the comments section of this post
Of course, it’s perfectly fine if you don’t want to share your work, but we hope you’ll do the exercise anyway.
The ground rules:
- You must begin your story with the exact wording we provide.
- Your story must be 350 words or less.
- Your work must be original and not previously published.
- WTD provides an encouraging and safe environment for writers to grow and learn from each other. We’d love you to comment on other people’s submissions in a friendly and supportive manner.
- We reserve the right to delete any comments or entries we deem inappropriate and those that do not meet the specifications above.
This month’s installment is designed to help you shock or startle your reader.
Scene Stealer #13
The tiny park was almost deserted. Boundary walls, lawn, play area. Two toddlers throwing sand at each other, their mothers or nannies chatting next to them, strollers put aside. Nobody else – not even a gardener or dog or cat.
But the note had been emphatic: “Be there at 1pm. At 1:14, you will get the scoop of a lifetime.”
I fidgeted and glanced at my watch. 1:14pm. Suddenly
Now steal this and make it your own.
We can’t wait to read what you come up with, so please add your submission to the comments section of this post.
Team Write to Done
Image: Shocked woman courtesy of Bigstockphoto.com
Become a better writer overnight with this FREE eBook
- Find daily inspiration
- Improve your writing overnight
- Get started, even when you don’t feel motivated
- Complete what you start
- Get WTD updates