WTD welcomes guest posts. If you follow these guidelines, you’ll have a much better chance of getting your post up on WTD.
- Write a post with insanely useful content. Always ask: ‘How can readers benefit from this?’
- Use examples wherever possible in order to clarify your points.
- Offer fresh content that has not been published before.
- Send us a pitch only if you are a blogger with your own blog.
- Insure that your post does not violate any copyright laws.
- No freelancers or staff-writers, please.
How to approach us
Please send an email to the Guest Post Editor: vinita[at]writetodone[dot]com. Start the Subject line with GUEST POST (in ALL CAPS).
- Tell us briefly who you are.
- State the title of your proposed post.
- Outline the topic with bullet points.
- Include 1or 2 links to other WTD articles that you will use to supplement your points.
- Tell us how WTD readers would benefit from your post.
- Add a couple of links to your best posts.
- Attach your proposed guest post in a Word doc.
Once we’ve accepted your post, we’ll send you access details so you can put your post up for final review on WTD. Please don’t be upset if we recommend some changes–we want your post to be successful.
Tips for your post
- Study the style for writing we prefer.
- Make the post is scannable, i.e, use subheadings, use bold font for key sentences, and use bulleted lists.
- Watch the length: Between 700 and 1500 words.
- Edit and proofread your post carefully.
- Add a closing credit similar to the one below:
Eugene Writegood is a writing coach and blogs at yourblogaddress.com, a blog about bold and fearless writing. Grab his free eBook, Blahdiblah.
- Add a killer title. You can download a great resource for writing headlines, called, “Why Headlines Fail” at Psychotactics.
- Offer links to a few suggested images in your pitch email. Here’s a good source of images: Dreamstime.
- Don’t change the font or the font color, or use <span>, or <br> tags.
- Do not include affiliate links.
- Watch out for weird code (check the HTML editor before you save the post for review).
- You can link to your blog and to a product of yours. However, if you are overly promotional in your post or credits, we won’t run your guest post.
- Be prepared to respond to comments in a timely manner.
Thanks again for your interest in guest posting. We look forward to hearing from you soon.